Ergebnis 1 bis 20 von 57

Thema: Stargate books

Baum-Darstellung

Vorheriger Beitrag Vorheriger Beitrag   Nächster Beitrag Nächster Beitrag
    Major Avatar von Lorien

Standard

@iolanda: I also use the LEO-dictionary when I sit on my notebook. It's very good and helpful. Sometimes when I'm watching a DVD in English I look for a word I didn't understand. I remember my first try to watch a DVD in English, it was a catastrophe!!! I didn't understand anything, so the second time I watched a film which I new in German really good so I know what happend even without understanding all things. Since the beginning I was better in reading than in hearing English, so it helps to see films with english subtitles - or watching the film again and again and ... But reading in English is now a lot of fun. I've also read some of the Harry Potter books in English, but after I've read them in German. For my English skills it's also very good to write here, even if I don't know what for silly mistakes I maybe make.

I can barely wait for Monday (or Tuesday) when my new Stargate books will come.

@Malp: Yes, we can also talk about "The Chosen" and "Halcyon". The only problem is that these books are at home in Dresden so I can't search for the good scenes, but I will see how many things I can remember. "Rising" whas not bad, but too much like the pilot. (and much, much to short ) Only some little scenes more. What I liked were the scenes between Sheppard and O'Neill and what Jack thought about John. If you want I can send you the book. It's not really necessary to buy it.

Spoiler 

Siren Song:
    I think all the scenes between Sam and Daniel on the Tel'tak were good. They refer very much to meridian, and Sam's thoughts are close to Daniel. And the sentence: And that was a crime! - very god. I like the scenes when it gets to the moral (and they are mostly with Daniel)
    Yes, yes, yes!!! A really good reference to "Meridian". I think this completes this episode only more and make it better. In one of your post you wrote "every really Stargate fan had to read the books". I agree, because the good books gives so much more to the series. And I like it to see Daniel in the moral scenes. He is the conscience of the team, the good guy.

The Chosen:
    For me it's also some months ago since I've read the book. I do not think it was confusing, but I don't like it when there happend too much on too much places. It's to tiring to follow them all. "Exogenesis" is a little bit in the same way. (Maybe because of the same writers?!)
    Yeah, the jumper scene was really the best. Maybe you remember at the beginning of the book there was a similar scene, where Shep don't allow Rodney to get to the controls without permission.
    I like the most of the scenes when the writers describe how Shep interact with ancient devices. We know it's a thinking process, but on the screen it's hard to show and so the books are again very important to complete the series.

Halcyon:
    I most remember the scene when Ronon go to the warground and ended the battle alone. It was so typical for him. The guys on this planet are really stupid!! Use Wraith as pets!!!! And play wargames!!!! What kind of ideas are that?!?!? And I remember the scene nearly at the end when this Wraith shot two times from a near distance and Shep collapsed. I was not sure how the writer would solve this!!! Because since when do they wear a bulletproof vest?!

But in every of the SGA books I've read Sheppard gets somehow injured. Is this a special kind of honour?!

This discussions remember me a little bit to the interpretations during school, but here it makes much more fun. Maybe because of the subject.
    Geändert von Lorien (31.03.2007 um 14:22 Uhr)

Wer keinen Mut zum Träumen hat, hat keine Kraft zum Kämpfen.

deviantART, Livejournal: [Icons, Wallpaper]