Seite 11 von 11 ErsteErste ... 91011
Ergebnis 201 bis 217 von 217

Thema: General discussion topic Stargate/non-Stargate

General Avatar von Dr.McKay

Standard

I read yesterday the biography to Kate Hewlett and I learn a new word.

sister-in-law

Yeah I learn everyday little bit more.

Mery christmas and a happy new year.
    Interviews für SGP - R.S.Francks, Paul McGillion, Chuck Campbell, David Nykl,
    Torri Higginson, Kavan Smith, Andee Frizzell

Ewige Rebellin Avatar von Freyja
    Dort, wo Rechtschreibung noch groß geschrieben wird.

Standard

Nice to see there's an English chat thread on SG-P as well. Missed this for the whole time I spent on this forum...

Anyway, hi folks, hope to see a few of you more often *waves over to Dr. McKay*

Freyja, die einsame Verfechterin der deutschen Rechtschreibung

--nur sporadisch online--

Jack+Sam Shipper Clubleiter Avatar von BrigGen Jack O`Neill

Standard

hi all i can speak english, too. i must learn english to speak with amanda tapping and richard dean anderson on their next convention
    this is my motivation to learn english
    do you understand this?

Mod& Freiberufliche Wraith Queen Avatar von Amarra

Standard

Guys, I am in need of a test reader... I know, I know, not the right topic for Fanfiction, and I don't mean to post it here. I just need someone with interest in English stories to read if it's still readable. So, if there is interest in being the guinea pig of my FF before I post them on Wraithbait please feel free to send me a PN.

On a totally different note, I hate to critic anyone around, but

@Dr.Mckay: somehow you mixed up German grammar with english words I fear. It's rather "I read the biography of Kate Hewlett yesterday..."

@BrigGen Jack O'Neill; Yeah, fully understood!

And because I have it with (self)promotion today; we not only have a english topic but a english speaking part of the Forum as well. HERE

It's still pretty empty there, and we currently merely have it for ( I think) two more weeks or so, (when we don't find people who want to talk with us there) so show us your support

EDIT: Before you ask again, this topic won't be moved to that part of the forum until we can be sure that the english Forum part stays. As mentioned above, it's currently just a test... that will run for a couple of days more.
    Geändert von Amarra (03.02.2007 um 15:47 Uhr)
    Administrative Postings meiner Person im Zuge meiner Betätigung auf Stargate-Project.de als Moderator sind in roter Schrift verfasst. Andersfarbige Postings sind als Bekundung meiner eigenen Meinung zu werten.

~*+*~

HERE

Standard

Hey you guys! I think this thread is very cool! But I don`t type english very often *grin* so this is a little bit disturbig But I will arrange!
    We should talk more in english. A good idea, because I only hava a "Buisiness English Certifikate" course once a week in my Berufsschule and I am not the only one who thinks it is very very boring.
    I read the Stargate books from Fandemonium in english. Does anyone else?
    But I do not really like to watch O-Tone Episodes, because they often speak a lot of slang and when I watch, I`d like to understand the people (look at my sig)
    I would very much like to talk to you.

There is good in you... Avatar von Chayiana
    Blog-Einträge

Standard

But I do not really like to watch O-Tone Episodes, because they often speak a lot of slang and when I watch, I`d like to understand the people
    @ Malp on a stick
    I think you really should watch the original eps, they're way better than the german dubbed ones, trust me! Their jokes are so much better!
    And if you don't understand them at the first time, you've to watch them over and over again and I promise you after a certain time you'll understand it. And that's also a great alternative to improve your english. That was the way I did it!
    And in the unlikely event you're completely unable to get the words, there are also transcripts in the internet, as a last resort!

Standard

@Chayiana: Yes, I think you are right, but I`m always much too lazy to watch O-Tone *g*. I watched some scenes in O-Tone and I liked Thor most , because he speaks that clear and because Michael speaks him
    I watched all the Episodes for the first time. Perhaps I will take a look at the original versions when I watch them next time.
    Aaaand: I watched the quest and the road not taken at youtube. So, I have to watch o-tone in this case Cant wait for The Shroud!

Standard

@malp am stiel

Try it with watching the DVDs with the O-sound and English subtitles when you don't get what they are saying on the first time. You can read along and learn how they speak certain words so the next time you will recall more of what they are saying... And the accents are so much better in the original.

Stargate is generally pretty easy to understand, even Carson. The Ultimate challenge when watching movies in the O-language are Movies like "Lord of the rings 1-3" or anything with Brad Pitt (he is barely understandable on the first time) in some movies (like snatch)
    Administrative Postings meiner Person im Zuge meiner Betätigung auf Stargate-Project.de als Moderator sind in roter Schrift verfasst. Andersfarbige Postings sind als Bekundung meiner eigenen Meinung zu werten.

~*+*~

HERE

Ewige Rebellin Avatar von Freyja
    Dort, wo Rechtschreibung noch groß geschrieben wird.

Standard

Question - Shouldn't this thread be moved to the English section? I mean, in case English people come here they probably don't notice that there's an English chat thread if it's placed in the German OT section.

@Amarra
    My grammar skills aren't the best, but I could give it a try. Depends on what type the fic is and how long
    Geändert von Freyja (11.02.2007 um 12:38 Uhr)

Freyja, die einsame Verfechterin der deutschen Rechtschreibung

--nur sporadisch online--

Standard

No, This topic won't be moved because the english speaking part of the forum is just a test, in other words, not permanent yet. It will be moved should the experiment work out as we hope...

Currently it's still a week till the decision is made, so, you'll have to wait it out

~*+*~

HERE

Sarkastisch Avatar von Major Kathy

Standard

Cool...gotta check it out...

I mostly watch O-Tone. Because when you watched it once, the syncronisations seem very lame...at least to me. And the comprehension isn't a problem after some time. You get used to the accents.
    Sam: "Thank you Sir."
    Jack: "For what?"
    Sam: "For being here for me."
    Jack: "Always."

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.
    There is another theory which states that this has already happend.

Douglas Adams

Standard

Oh my, I don't know in which topic I can go with that. I have a medical question: Is it good for my brain when I dream english? And when I even talk english in sleep? That's crazy, don't you think? I even say the english word, if the german word does'nt come to my mind (like "social skills" today). Uh-oh!!
    Diagnosis: Read too much Stargate books and watched too much english versions of Stargate episodes severe symptoms of Stargatitis

Major Avatar von Lorien

Standard

Oh no!!! It's really not crazy, because than I would be crazy too!!! Okay... up to this point I didn't dreamt in English. But I think really often in English after watching the episodes in English or reading the books. Sometimes I started talking in English with the first person I met. But at the moment it's very helpful, because there are a lot of students from foreign countrys in my students hostel.

So I decide: it's a good thing that you start dreaming in English!!! Maybe some day it would be useful for you!!!

Wer keinen Mut zum Träumen hat, hat keine Kraft zum Kämpfen.

deviantART, Livejournal: [Icons, Wallpaper]

Standard

Yes!! Perhaps someday I have an english psychotherapist then it may be helpful. But I don't remeber what I dreamt about. Just know that I talked in sleep and this I have never remembered. Of course I know that I allways talk in sleep because others told me, but I never even heard it
    Okay, perhaps its not bad but picking english vocabulary if I can't find the german word? That's crazy!!

Troublemaker Avatar von iolanda
    Blog-Einträge

Standard

Oh, that happened to me before. I don't worry about that too much, because it mainly happens when I am reading english books just before going to bed. Sometimes I tend to make up words by dreaming, though

Some years ago something realyy weird happened. I knew an english word an its meaning but I couldn't make up the german word for this. It happened at the former working place of my best friend. He worked at a museum for classic cars and I tended to visit him there on sundays. They had a ramp where a cadillac was presented, and this ramp was removable. I couldn't make up a senseful german word for this "removable", an my friend couldn't either.

Troublemaker Avatar von iolanda
    Blog-Einträge

Standard

Is there anyone interested in a "Nitpickers Guide for Stargate Fans"?
    If nobody knows what picking nits is: Just look in each episode an try to find mistakes. Does the stargate work in this episode this way and in that episode another? Did you spot any props reflecting in O'Neills sunglasses? Or was one papmaché rock a little bit too obvius made of paper? I guess a collection about this kind of mistakes would be funny.

Lieutenant General Avatar von Antares
    Blog-Einträge

Standard

Zitat Zitat von iolanda Beitrag anzeigen
    Some years ago something realyy weird happened. I knew an english word an its meaning but I couldn't make up the german word for this.
    This also happened to me. After writing an English FF I translated it into German - and for example had great difficulties to translate words like "awkward" and "smugly". Also a "goofy grin" is very difficult. Or Sheppard's "drawl".

And I think some nit-picks are on Arduinna's Stargate Handbook. But I have to admit I'm not good at finding out these mistakes! When somebody points me to them, I say: Oh, yes! But finding them of my own? Very difficult! *g*

But I'd like to read what other have spotted!

Seite 11 von 11 ErsteErste ... 91011