Zu diesem Thread gibts keine News, da einfach zu ausführlich... Doch wird es hier auch nicht auf Deutsch übersetzt, Englischkenntnisse daher von Vorteil:

The Chicago Tribune has just published a special Stargate feature section, available at ChicagoTribune.com! The feature includes a look at tonight's Season Eight premiere of Stargate SG-1, plus Web-exclusive interviews with Richard Dean Anderson, Amanda Tapping, Michael Shanks, Christopher Judge, Torri Higginson, and David Hewlett!

Here are a few highlights from the interviews:

Amanda Tapping: Not Stargate Barbie. "The stories are big, there's a lot happening. There are a lot of visual effects. The episode I was just shooting before our [mid-season] break, there were two Carters, so there were a lot of visual effects and green screen stuff, and that's time-consuming. The stories are great and the scripts are wonderful, though."

Christopher Judge: 'Cantankerous.' "[This season] Teal'c has love interests -- plural -- he's an action-adventure guy, he's kind of the driving force in one episode where he becomes a vigilante. We're also coming out with a video game, and one episode ["Avatar"] kind of launches the game. The idea is that Teal'c gets stuck in a video game. [Director] Martin Wood -- the ideas that he brought to that episode are just ... it's going to be a fantastic episode."

Michael Shanks: Back and loving it. "We're feeling it a little, Rick being not around as much. He's such an enormous part of the show. ... For the odd episode here and there we've not had him at all, and we've had other episodes as when other characters aren't present. As long as the story is interesting and the characters are given something strong to do, you can get away with that. But this year we do have scenes with all four of them in a room, it's kind of the nostalgia reunion. If and when we go to a feature film, we can relive the glory days [of all four going out on missions together]."

Richard Dean Anderson: Leaving? "At this point, right now, with all that's going on in my life outside all this, it's very unlikely I'd be able to come back [for a ninth season]. I know what's the most important thing right now. I'm very well aware of the fact that that may interfere with a very successful franchise. Whether the show would go on without me ... I think it could. I don't know whether it will or not. Honestly I can't answer that question, and it's silly for me to start conjecturing, not until I've had conversations with MGM or Sci Fi. I do feel as though this is my last season."

Torri Higginson: The new boss. "[Atlantis has] a strong ensemble cast, and they're writing for that. But we'll each have our own stories, everyone gets an episode focused around them. My character is definitely supposed to be in charge, and to have a woman in charge is really interesting. That in itself can create conflicts."

David Hewlett: Insulting the aliens. "My sister had to read me one message she found on the Internet, 'Of all the people to return, why McKay?' (Laughs) So we've got to prove ourselves. With SG-1 and now Atlantis, it's all about people getting along or not getting along, and that's what makes it work. The premise of the show is the Stargate and the technology and the travel, but what keeps you interested is the characters."

The feature section also includes an Atlantis poll, and a place for readers to post comments in answer to the question: "With Atlantis debuting and SG-1 doing new kinds of stories, the Stargate world is in flux. Is this good? Bad? Your thoughts?"

Be sure to check out the entire feature at ChicagoTribune.com, and pick up the Friday edition of the paper for the "New Order" review. Sunday's "Arts and Entertainment" section of the Tribune will also feature a look at next week's Stargate Atlantis premiere.
Links:
Gateworld.net (Quelle),