Ergebnis 1 bis 4 von 4

Thema: Beta-reader list for English Fanfictions

Mod& Freiberufliche Wraith Queen Avatar von Amarra

Standard Beta-reader list for English Fanfictions

It's what the title says: you've got Fanfictions in english you want to post, and need a beta?

Here is the topic to search for them!

I'd like to collect beta-readers who offer their services for beta reading, or translations of Fanfictions. Either from German into English, or the other way around. It doesn't matter.

Feel free to post as following: If you want to add yourself; want to discuss current translations; or offer beta in other languages.

If you offer your services: please say how to contact you, what kinds of ff's you beta/translate, which way around you'll do it, and, of course, what kind of beta you'd like to do (grammar, more style, plot...).

If you're interested in hiring a beta: say what kind of story it is; which lenght it will have; what kind of beta it will be.

The same goes for translations.

Your friendly mod,

-ami
    Geändert von Amarra (30.11.2008 um 01:11 Uhr)
    Administrative Postings meiner Person im Zuge meiner Betätigung auf Stargate-Project.de als Moderator sind in roter Schrift verfasst. Andersfarbige Postings sind als Bekundung meiner eigenen Meinung zu werten.

~*+*~

HERE

Lieutenant General Avatar von Antares
    Blog-Einträge

Standard

But I think for a German writer it is absolutely necessary to have an English/American native speaker as a beta for a story.

I think the biggest problem in writing in English is to always know exactly which expression to use if you have different expressions at your disposal. It is very difficult to find out which one is more colloquial, or outdated, or too formal, etc...

And sometimes it's even necessary to know if a certain character would use this word or prefer another, because one is more used in British English and the other in American English, e.g. holidays vs vacation.
    Geändert von Antares (29.11.2008 um 23:50 Uhr)

Mod& Freiberufliche Wraith Queen Avatar von Amarra

Standard

I know, and I agree; however, if you have english stories and want them to be translated into german you need a german native speaker. I've linked this topic to a few external coms as well and hope to lure in more international members.

And, I'm usually only taking on beta jobs as secondary beta and plot beta, which I added now to my list
    Administrative Postings meiner Person im Zuge meiner Betätigung auf Stargate-Project.de als Moderator sind in roter Schrift verfasst. Andersfarbige Postings sind als Bekundung meiner eigenen Meinung zu werten.

~*+*~

HERE

Lieutenant General Avatar von Antares
    Blog-Einträge

Standard

Okay, I would be willing to do the beta for an English story translated into German - no problem if it is Slash.

But I don't translate English stories into German. I've done it twice, but I always felt the urge to chance something - and that's bad if it isn't your own story you are translating.

If I will ever do a translation again it must be a really, really wonderful story I find no fault with.